We are pleased to announce following our one day visit by Ofsted on 28th November 2018 that “there is no change to the school’s current overall effectiveness grade of good as a result of this inspection.” (OFSTED November 2018)
The school has changed significantly since the last OFSTED in 2015 when there were 180 children. We now offer an education from nursery to post 16. There has been significant growth in staff since the previous inspection, including a complete change in the senior leadership team. We now have 648 children in the school and 89 staff.
We are pleased that OFSTED recognised that:
- “pupils are proud to be part of a through school”
- “relationships are strong between staff and pupils”
- “pupils feel safe and that there is always someone who will listen to them”
- “inspectors observed polite, engaged pupils in lessons and around the school”
- “leaders know their school really well and have already identified the key areas for improvement”
- “the Head of the primary phase and I have worked with determination to establish high expectations and aspirations for all at the school”
- “in the Early Years (Nursery and Reception) inspectors found a bright and well-organised provision that support children well to have a good start to their learning, and where leaders work exceptionally well with parents”
- “staff share a clear vision and determination for school improvement”
- “we have already improved the curriculum, the overall quality of teaching and the way that staff manage pupils’ behaviour”
- “leaders make the most of the school’s location and pupils enjoy the wide range of activities and special study days”
- “governors are aspirational and share my ambitious vision for the school”
We are also pleased that the priorities identified in the report reflect our “accurate understanding of the strengths of the school and the priorities for improvement.” We will, therefore, be continuing to ensure that we continue to improve and build on our vision for education for all our children now and in the future at Heyford Park Free School.
Thank you for your continued support, both for the school and for your child’s learning. Thank you to the staff and Governors for their tireless hard work and commitment to raising standards. Together we can celebrate a very positive future for all our children.
Letter from OFSTED:
You can access OFSTEDs letter here.