Meet the Principal
Ms Karen Healey is the Principal at Heyford Park Free School.
Before working at Heyford Park, Karen worked in school improvement consulting with school senior leadership teams and middle leaders to manage change and support schools on their journey to ensuring outstanding education for all children. Before joining HPFS she had been working in South Wales as a Challenge Advisor.
Karen has experience as a headteacher and was instrumental in setting up a multi-school trust that included early years providers, primary, secondary, further education and higher education. She has extensive experience of teacher training and led on the establishment of a training partnership.
Fundamental driving principals for Karen are that:
- The child is the centre of educational decisions.
- All children have a right to the advantages education gives us and in schools, we need to ensure this is equitable to tackle disadvantage.
- Education is about enabling students to engage and develop the knowledge and skills that mean we can successfully contribute to our community and the global community.
- Learning needs to be experienced in different ways if we are truly engaged.
- Schools should be values-led.
- Together we should make the implicit explicit to ensure we gain a shared understanding of what we do and why.
- Schools are an integral part of their community; students should be contributing to their community and gain experience from the contribution their community offers.
- Partnership and collaboration should and can add capacity and opportunity.