PHYSICAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Developing a lifelong passion for sport and physical activity and understanding the impact these have on physical, social and emotional health. The department seeks to provide all learners with the tools to stay healthy during their time with us and beyond education into their adult life. Learners will access high quality physical education lessons and sporting opportunities within school and beyond as part of our work within the North Oxfordshire School Sports Partnership and county sports partnership. The department seeks to provide aspirational outings to sporting events and venues to further encourage learners to achieve to their highest level.
Key Concepts in Physical Education and School Sport
- Links between PE, Health and Sport.
- Understanding the importance of movement.
- How to maintain health and the effects of exercise on the major body systems.
- Understanding the need for challenge.
- The role of teamwork in sport and physical activity.
- How leadership in sport can be transferred to many situations.
- The socio-cultural impact of sport and physical activity.
Assessment strands and Thinking skills in Physical Education